Sunday, June 20, 2010

Daddy-Oh !!!




Here's a not-said-enough-gratitude-list for my husband...

Thank you for:

  • Sharing in the trust that our family would grow with God’s will.  
  • Being so pleased to hear about both our pregnancies that you were in a state of pure disbelief for days. 
  • Patting my back and still carrying on a conversation despite me kneeling during one of my many bouts of morning, afternoon, and evening sickness.
  • Supporting me during each and every wild pregnancy craving. I know it was tough keeping the refrigerator fully stocked with lemonade and having to share in all those “I-must-have-a-tres-leches-doughnut-right-now” moments.
  • Waiting patiently as I stood in (yet another) too-long line for the bathroom.
  • Not only not fainting but being such a trooper during labor. No one delivers the perfect cup of ice-chips quite like you.
  • Falling in love with Ismaeel and Siraj utterly and completely.
  • Cherishing being able to nourish the boys by simply holding their bottles and stroking their hair.
  • Being such a warm and compassionate father.
  • Sleeping on the lambie rug next to the crib while Ismaeel fought to go to bed without his pacifier for the first time.
  • Waking up with me at 4am just to enjoy listening to Siraj’s cooing.
  • Staying up late to decorate the boys’ room with glow-in-the dark stars.  
  • Buying a set of home theatre speakers so we can watch Pixar movies with the boys in surround sound. 
  • Trying to help with the morning routine even if it means Ismaeel winds up with his shoes on the wrong feet.
  • Letting me take two and a half years to build up enough nerve to have Ismaeel’s hair cut for the first time.
  • Helping Siraj get settled into slumber while Ismaeel and I read “just one more” story.
  • Introducing a voice of calm while the whole house seemed overwhelmed by the trials of potty training.
  • Getting just as excited as Ismaeel does when a helicopter is nearby. 
  • Cheering for Siraj’s early crawling skills even if it means we have to race to baby proof the house again. 
  • Making sure the boys never miss a good night’s kiss.
Happy Father’s Day !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment